Sunday 25 May 2008

The album will rip your face off

WITH MADONNA and ESTELLE floating around in the Top 10, are you ready for the
album that promises to "rip your face off"?

Masked rockers SLIPKNOT are currently on a two week "studio lock-down"
while they put the finishing touches to their as-yet-untitled fourth album.

Frontman COREY TAYLOR said: "I don't think the world will be ready
for this album.

"It has so much power in it and yet there are so many great spots for melody.
It's a controlled chaos that hits you right out of the gate.

"Instead of bitching about what went wrong in my life, I'm bitching about
what's wrong in life, PERIOD."

He added: "I got to the point where I was tired of pretending that I couldn't
sing every time I made a Slipknot album. So this time I'm going all out."

But melodic vocals won't mean the record will be any less menacing, as the
record is "very dark".
Sounds like there won't be anymore cow intestines or throwing up onstage
when they play Reading/Leeds this year then.